- Put the cashews in a bowl and cover them with boiling water
- Finely chop the onion and fry in the oil until softened. Then add the mince into the pan and fry for around 5-10 minutes, turning gently and occasionally so that it browns on all sides.
- Crumble the stock cube into the pan and add the Henderson’s Relish, chilli powder, oregano and salt and pepper, along with 6-8 tbsp of the pasta sauce to the mince – just enough so that it combines the mince together.
- Into a deep oven-proof dish, add a layer of pasta sauce so that it covers the bottom of the dish.
- Stuff the mince mixture into the cannelloni or giant pasta shells, and line it up in the dish (don’t stack them on top of each other).
- Pour the rest of the pasta sauce over the top of the cannelloni, making sure that it’s all covered.
- Drain the cashews and add them to a blender, along with the rest of the cashew cream ingredients (starting with 100ml of water and adding a little at a time if the sauce is too thick – you want it to be thick enough to sit on top of the cannellonis and not seep into the tomato sauce).
- Evenly cover the cannelloni in the cashew cream and sprinkle with vegan cheese, if using.
- Bake in the oven as per the pasta instructions and enjoy!
Recipe provided by @chutneyeatsplants
We love it when our fans show off their delicious Meatless Farm recipes – if you’d like to feature on our website, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or simply tag us on Instagram or Twitter@meatlessfarm !
For the cannelloni
- Dried cannelloni or giant pasta shells
- 1 pack of Meatless Farm mince
- 1/4 white onion
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tbsp Henderson’s Relish (vegan Worcester sauce)
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 portion of pasta sauce
For the cashew cream topping
- 60g cashews
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 100-150ml water
- Vegan cheese (optional)