- Place a large pan over medium heat with 2-3tbsp of oil, and cook the onions until soft and tender, for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant. Add the chipotle peppers and the diced tomatoes with their liquid. Stir frequently and cook until the sauce thickens and the liquid has mostly evaporated, for about 20 minutes. Stir in The Meatless Farm Co mince, green onions and coriander. Reduce the heat to low, enough to keep the mixture warm.
- Heat a clean grill pan on medium heat. We like to put a touch of oil in the pan to make the tortilla extra crispy, but that’s not necessary, it’s just a matter of preference. Place the tortilla on a hot grill, cover with a layer of cheese, then spread some of The Meatless Farm Co chipotle mixture over half. Once the cheese has melted, fold the tortilla over to make your quesadilla. Repeat with remaining tortillas, they can be kept warm in the oven until you’re ready to serve. Allow them to rest for a couple of minutes before slicing to ensure everything doesn’t ooze out.
- Serve with fresh lime slices, sour cream, avocado slices and extra coriander.
Cooking Time: 40 mins
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 400g Meatless Farm mince
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 2-3 sticks celery, diced (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled & minced
- 400g chopped tomatoes with liquid
- 4 tbsp chipotle in adobo minced
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 handful coriander roughly chopped
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 500g cheddar cheese
- serve with sour cream, lime, coriander, avocado etc.