- Place a large non-stick saucepan over a medium heat with 2-3 tbsp of oil and add the onions, when clear add The Meatless Farm Co mince. Cook together for 5 minutes, until the mince has browned all over. Next, add the garlic, 1 -2 teaspoons of chilli powder, depending on how hot you like you like it, and the cumin and coriander. Fry together for 1 -2 minutes more. Sprinkle over the ﬂour and stir well.
- Slowly add the wine, followed by the stock, stirring constantly. Tip the tomatoes and kidney beans into the pan and stir in the tomato purée, caster sugar (optional), oregano and bay leaf. Season with a pinch of salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- Bring to a simmer on the hob, then cover loosely with a lid. Reduce the heat and leave to simmer gently for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sauce has thickened. Adjust the seasoning to taste then serve.
Cooking Time: 60 min
Serve stuffed into peppers or with rice
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 400g Meatless Farm mince
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled & finely chopped
- 2-3 sticks celery, diced (optional)
- 1-2 tsp hot chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 150ml red wine or extra stock
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 400g can of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp caster sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- flaked sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper