- Warm the oil in a frying pan at a low heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery; cook for 10 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high, add the mince, chopped mushrooms and garlic then fry for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and tomato purée; cook for 5 minutes more. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. Cook the pasta for 5 minutes. Drain, then return to the pan with the cream and half of each of the 2 cheeses. Mix and season.
- Spoon half the pasta into a baking dish.
- Top with half the Meatless Farm mince mix. Repeat with the remaining pasta and mince. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then leave to stand for 5 minutes. Serve with a fresh green salad.
Cooking Time: 55 mins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 stick celery, trimmed and diced
- 400g Meatless Farm mince
- 350g closed-cup mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 350g fusilli, penne or farfalle pasta
- 100ml single cream
- 100g mozzarella, grated
- 100g grated cheddar
- green salad leaves, to serve